Friday, April 16, 2010

Unholy Embrace vampire novel by Neil Benson - Nessa becomes a vampire


Nessa continues her tale of how she became a vampire.
*****************************
The vampire walked swifter than any human, covering several miles before we approached a cave. He set me on the ground. Then he pushed aside a boulder that would have taken four strong men to move. We entered a dark cave, but he moved without hesitation until a woman called out to him.


“Narice, I have brought you a companion,” he said in a deep, raspy voice, and then dumped me on the ground.

Stunned, but not hurt, when I landed on the floor, I discovered it was covered by several inches of dirt. Terrified because I couldn't see anything, I tried to move away when the woman's hand touched me. I backed into a wall, remaining motionless, shivering until I finally fell asleep.

When I awoke, I heard no noise or movement. I crawled along the floor until I felt the vampire lying with his arms folded across his chest. He and the woman lying next to him were still. I sat back against the wall and cried, unable to believe the nightmare in which I found myself.

I could not shut out the image of my beloved husband with his throat ripped open. Later, I felt disoriented and feverish. There was a throbbing sensation on the right side of my neck. I felt two puncture holes, and I realized he had taken some of my blood. The fever worsened, and I lay on the ground semiconscious for several days.

When the fever passed, I regained my senses. I knew I had changed because I could see in the dark and experienced a craving I couldn't explain.

http://neilbenson-horrorandfantasyauthor.blogspot.com/p/unholy-embrace-by-neil-benson-first.html

No comments:

Post a Comment