Sunday, April 18, 2010

Unholy Embrace vampire novel by Neil Benson - waiting for her mortal lover


Nessa waiting for Frank to return to her. A vampire has eternal life, but waiting during the most important times can be excruciating *************************.

I hoped, under the right circumstances, I could explain to Frank that even though I was a vampire, he had never been, nor would he ever be, in any danger from me. If I have learned anything in over four hundred years, it's that life rarely works out as we would like it to, but rather in random, unpredictable ways we neither want nor expect. It's at those moments, we must be flexible and adapt, or watch our hopes and dreams evaporate before our eyes.

The argument between us over the circumstances of our coming together was pointless. Although I manipulated him to some degree, it was unfair for him to blame everything on me. I tapped into a sexual side of him with which he had not been in contact. Although not shy, there is a cautious and, at times, distrustful side to him. He not only let go of his inhibitions with me, but he got in touch with levels of passion he had never experienced before.

It would have been simpler for me, and for us, if Frank had accepted my offer of immortality. But did I want to condemn Frank to an eternal life living at the fringe of humanity, living only at night, never seeing the colors of the world during daylight? I knew he would be tempted to accept my offer based on the books he had in his apartment. But I couldn't be sure, and I didn't want him to make that choice. I fell in love with a mortal man, not with another vampire. The qualities I loved and admired such as his honesty, tenderness, and his passion for life were based on his humanity.


http://neilbenson-horrorandfantasyauthor.blogspot.com/p/unholy-embrace-by-neil-benson-first.html

No comments:

Post a Comment