Monday, August 9, 2010

Vampires and Jesus or Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider

In Rabbit:Chasing Beth Rider, Ellen Maze has written a truly unique and creative novel. When I first read about this book, I was intrigued by the notion of true Christianity meeting vampires. I wasn't disappointed by the novel. Ellen gives a fresh perspective the relationship between vampires and mortals. I admit to being confused by whether Beth was a rabbit for a few pages. Once I understood the metaphor, I enjoyed it. From my perspective, the entire novel was a metaphor. This wasn't just about good and evil, or Christianity and the devil, so to speak. It was about the nature of the way people relate to each other. Vampires are bullies, "people" who use other people. The world is filled with such people even if they aren't officially vampires. Instead of Van Helsing or Blade coming after the vampires, a small woman armed with her only her faith confronts the whole evil race and... To say more would be to give away the entire novel. I was intrigued, interested, and thoroughly enjoyed Ellen's unique perspective and her writing style. I strongly recommend this novel to anybody who is interested in a new view in vampire novels.

http://www.amazon.com/Rabbit-Chasing-Rider-Ellen-Maze/dp/1432751018/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_4

No comments:

Post a Comment