Monday, April 26, 2010

Unholy Embrace vampire novel by Neil Benson - failing to kill an enemy

Nessa fails to kill an enmey.

1676

I had just stepped outside my house on a moonless night, when a pair of hands grabbed me around the neck. Caught off balance, I was pulled into bushes next to my home. When I fell to the ground, I saw an open mouth with four fangs descending towards my throat. I put my hands around the other vampire's chest and thrust upwards.

The vampire staggered backwards, and I stood up. Though larger, my opponent was weaker. She snarled and tried to grab my throat, but I pushed her to the ground. I fell on top of her and pinned her arms to the ground.

“Who are you?” I asked.

She didn't answer, but struggled to get out of my grip.

When I hit her on the side of the head, she lay still. As I examined her unwashed face and dirty dress, I remembered her. Narice, I thought.

I held her jaw to get a better look at her.

“Narice, why did you attack me?”

“You killed the master.” Her open mouth revealed her fangs and her slit-like eyes glared at me.

“He was a monster that deserved to die. Why are you angry at me because I killed him?”

“When he died, I suffered great pain for many days. You had no bond with him like I did.”

“Bonded to him? I despised him. He killed my husband and took away my life. I should kill you, but I will let you live in your misery. If I ever smell your scent again, I will find you and tear out your throat.”

I let go of her jaw and stood up.

After she arose, she stared at me for a few moments. Then she turned and ran into the woods.


I stayed outside until dawn, making sure she was gone

http://neilbenson-horrorandfantasyauthor.blogspot.com/p/unholy-embrace-by-neil-benson-first.html

No comments:

Post a Comment